Consumer Survey Reveals Thoughts About Travel Safety, Rewards Programs, and Loyalty
Outside expert analysis prompts further discussion and perspective on travelers’ habits and attitudes
With families in the thick of planning their summer vacations, a new travel survey conducted by ExpertFlyer.com reveals, not surprisingly, that the majority (81%) of travelers believe taking a vacation is very important, citing exposure to beauty, culture and new people as the biggest benefit. The survey also discovered that despite vast technological leaps and the convenience of online search and booking, planning a vacation is still a time-consuming proposition with 51% of those polled saying they spend a minimum of 2-3 hours over multiple days hunting down airfare deals and nearly a one-third spending in excess of 4 hours over multiple days. The overwhelming majority (79%) also said they would relinquish some privacy issues to expedite security checkpoints and voiced what they want airlines to do to maintain their loyalty
“The goal of this survey was to gain an understanding of consumer trends to better service customers moving forward and hopefully provide the travel industry, in general, with some insight about what travelers want and ways to increase loyalty,” explains Chris Lopinto, president and co-founder of ExpertFlyer.com.
Among the key survey highlights:
- 51% said they spend a minimum of 2-3 hours over multiple days to find airfare deals and 27% spend in excess of 4 hours over multiple days. 80% of respondents said they book their tickets directly from the airlines via the Internet
- 37% have taken additional travel precautions in the last 12 months and 79% said they would consider participating in a biotech ID program, such as fingerprint or retina scans if it meant reducing wait times at TSA checkpoints and improve overall security
- 65% said they were able to redeem points for either an upgrade or award ticket in the last 12 months (up from 58% in an ExpertFlyer survey conducted last year)
- TripAdvisor (62%), Airline apps (42%) and Uber (26%) were the top three free travel apps
- Email (88%), Text (63%) and Facebook (52%) were the top 3 communication tools used by travelers
Custom Travel Clubs has partnered with the best in the industry to provide best deals on travels to the members. Our Loyalty program provides the best rewards, benefits and savings to the members. We make it easy for members to save on travel so that they can take the vacations that matter. See the full list of all the travel benefits we provide.
We are the leading B2B membership based travel club fulfillment company that creates, operates and helps market travel clubs for brands and organisations around the world. We provide white label travel club platforms & solutions.
For more info, contact: